The Tahoe Fly Fishing Outfitters Guide School crew is extremely proud and excited about this year’s school. In the past we always felt that we were as good if not better than any other fly fishing guide school out there. With the additions and changes we have implemented this year, we absolutely feel that we are the best experience out there for the person who wants to become a fly fishing guide. If you have followed any of my posts for the past 6 months, this list is just a summary of what I have shared in the past. So here we go. The top ten reasons you should go to guide school this year.
- This will be our sixth year and we have not had to shut down operations in any year due to lack of enrollment. This experience and consistency leads to a high quality product.
- The instructors. Matt Heron, Jordan Romney, Jaime Lyle. Can’t get better than this.
- Sponsorship and endorsement from Simms. They just don’t give this away. We earned it.
- All our other sponsors including Umqua, Sage, and Rio. They are extremely generous with products to our students.
- Our marketing presentation. We bring in an outside presenter who has developed a presentation specific to the fly fishing industry. Michelle can teach anyone how to use social media for their business interests.
- Having the opportunity to learn how to guide and fish the iconic Truckee River with the most knowledgeable Truckee River guides out there.
- Getting to hear Mike Weir from Cal Trout speak on their mission and the sustainability of our fisheries and the role of the guide in that process. Mike has made quite a name for himself in the fly fishing industry as a fisherman, film maker, and environmentalist. We are proud to have had him as an instructor and presenter since the beginning.
- Learning the art of still water guiding on Sawmill Lake at Northstar California ski resort. An incredible private fishery.
- WE HAVE WATER THIS SEASON!
- Because you have always wanted to and this is the year to pull the trigger.
The list could go on. Sign up today or give us a call. We have a limited amount of spots left.
Be one of these guys this year!
Rick McGuire, Guide School Director, 530-318-5694, firstname.lastname@example.org