Preparing for your guided trip
Thank you for choosing Tahoe Fly Fishing Outfitters for your fishing guide service. We have a beautiful area with many scenic rivers and lakes. Our guides will do their best to make sure you have a day to remember. The key to any good outing is being prepared. Below is a small list of ideas and things to help get you prepared for your guide trip.
- A camera: The Sierra Nevada Mountains are a very beautiful place with many photo opportunities. And of course there are the fish.
- An extra layer: While we do have beautiful summers, weather in the mountains can change at any minute. A lightweight rain jacket is always a good idea as well as light gloves for winter fishing.
- Dress comfortably: Early spring, late fall and winter are usually the only time we wear waders. Most of the summer we are wet wading and wearing shorts. Lightweight long pants and a long sleeve shirt will help with the sun. Please no white shorts, pants or t-shirts.
- What to wear under waders: A thin pair of tights, long johns or sweat pants and additional layers for winter fishing. Jeans are very uncomfortable!
- Socks: A pair or two of wool or synthetic socks that you can wear in your wading boots and or get wet.
- Personal Safety Items: Sunscreen, polarized sunglasses and a good sun hat.
You may pick up any of these items from our full service fly shop as well as pick up any last minute goodies.
What’s included in your trip
- Fly Rod and Reel
- Wading Boots and Waders (if necessary)
- Float Tube & Fins (if necessary)
- Cold Drinks and Lunch. (Lunch is included on full day trips only. Lunches may be purchased for half and ¾ day trips for $15.00 per lunch.)
What’s not included with the cost of your trip
- California Fishing License: Your California license can be purchased online here
- Nevada Fishing License: Your Nevada license can be purchased online here.
- Flies & Leaders: Leaders are $4-$10 and Flies are $2-$5 ea. (usually one leader and 6 flies per half day of fishing). Please bring your own if you have them!
- Guides Gratuities: If you have a great time on your trip and have learned new skills, why not let your guide know by offering a gratuity for all their hard work.
We really want you to enjoy your day on our beautiful waters. Please be upfront with your guides as to your expectations or any special needs so that they can help you achieve a successful and enjoyable day of fishing!